söndag, mars 25, 2007

Kärnan

Jag bläddrar lite i Generation X. Minns inte när jag läste den senast, men där är ju en del understruket om man säger. Det här är bäst:

Nothing very very good and nothing very very bad ever lasts for very very long.

I wake up and it's maybe 5:30 or so in the morning. The three of us are sprawled on top of the bed where we fell asleep. The dogs snooze on the floor next to the near dead embers. Outside there is only a hint of light, the breathlessness of oleanders and no cooing of doves. I smell the warm carbon dioxide smell of sleep and enclosure.

These creatures here in this room with me - these are the creatures I love and who love me. Together I feel like we are a strange and forbidden garden - I feel so happy I could die. If I could have it thus, I would like this moment to continue forever.

I go back to sleep.

*
Godnatt/Godmorgon.

Inga kommentarer: